Waiting for the pimple to dry down without popping it tests your patience, but treating a healed zit turned into a dark spot can be equally difficult too. While spot treatment and makeup can only work as a temporary solution, it is important to find a permanent solution. Faster.
Dark spots are caused due to hyperpigmentation from extreme sun exposure or due to acne scarring. If you have greater melanin content, you are prone to dark spots as your skin tends to trap the strong sun rays within.
To diminish the appearance of these dark spots, you need to create your skincare routine around vitamin C and vitamin E. But before you run to your drugstore to load on topical treatments, we have enlisted out top 4 home remedies to get rid of dark spots that you should try out. These home remedies have ingredients straight from your kitchen cabinet and are easy to make as well.
Rich in AHA’s papaya is a natural exfoliator widely used as an anti- ageing ingredient. Papaya extracts can remove the dead skin cell off your skin and boost the production of new skin cells.
- In a bowl masha ripe papaya and apply a thin layer onto your skin
- Rub the paste gently on the skin till the pulp is dried out
- Wash off with water and pat dry it gently
- Aloe Vera
A staple in Indian beauty, aloe vera is used in a vast number of products. Since aloe vera is a great anti-inflammatory plant, it works well to diminish dark spots and scar marks.
- Gently cut a clean plant of fresh aloe
- Scoop out some aloe gel and apply directly to clean face
- Leave it on overnight and rinse it off in the AM
Overexposure of sun rays can cause photo damage to the skin resulting in stubborn dark spots. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which besides being a natural sunscreen has many health benefits.
- Mash or grind some tomatoes into a pulp and massage it onto your face
- Add a few drops of lemon to boost the lightening process
- Leave it on for a while and wash it off with lukewarm water
Indians have been using turmeric for skin and health benefits since ages. Due to its anti- inflammation properties, it works wonders when added to skincare.
- Add 2 tsp turmeric to 1 tbsp of honey with a few drop of lemon
- Mix it into a paste and a apply a thin layer on the desired area
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off gently
- Coconut oil:
Virgin coconut oil uses goes beyond hair with heaping benefits for skin as well. Reduced inflammation, moisturised skin, and infection prevention are only a few benefits of applying coconut oil on face.
- Apply generous amount of virgin coconut oil on your face as you would apply a moisturiser and wash it off in the morning.
If you are looking for coconut oil in its purest form, we recommend using Coco Soul virgin oil. This cold- pressed coconut oil is made from the virgin king coconut oil without losing out on any of its nutritions.